A blog without any comments is as good as dead, unless you specifically switched off commenting option.
Below are 9 tips that would help you to establish a better connection with your readers, and urge them to actively comment on your blog or website.
1. Write attractive headlines.
2. Write about something controversial.
3. Ask for the comment at the end of the post.
4. Ask a question (usually at the end of the post).
5. Give away a freebie to your commentators.
6. Make your blog a do-follow blog.
7. Use KeywordLuv and CommentLuv on your blog.
8. Answer all your comments – support the conversation.
9. Entice readers to subscribe, so later they’d come back and leave more comments.